On January 1, 2003 the Polish Centre for Testing and Certification was transformed into one share company owned by the State Treasury.
The Centre is a Notified Body no. 1434. It offers services in the scope of eleven New Approach Directives (regulations of proper ministries):
- 88/378/EEC - Safety of toys
- 2004/108/EC - Electromagnetic compatibility
- 2006/95/EC - Electrical equipment
- 2006/42/EC - Machinery
- 90/385/EEC - Active implantable medical devices
- 93/42/EEC - Medical devices
- 98/79/EC - In vitro diagnostic medical devices
- 89/106/EEC - Construction products
- 94/25/EC - Recreational craft
- 1996/57/EC - Energy efficiency requirements for household electric refrigerators, freezers and combinations thereof
- 1999/5/EC - Radio and telecommunications terminal equipment.
The PCBC runs activities in the scope of:
- Certification of management systems (certificates of PCBC and IQNet)
- Conformity assessment of products and management systems according to notifications
- Certification for voluntary marks: B, Q, EKO, Ecolabel
- Certification of ecological farms
- Certification of personnel
- Testing of products
- Organization of training and improvement of personnel in the field of quality (testing, certification, accreditation)
- International co-operation.
The PCBC is authorized by BRC to perform assessment and issue BRC certificates for food, packaging and consumer products and by HDE to issue IFS certificates.
The PCBC actively co-operates with the European and international organizations within its membership, among others with: CCA, IECEE(CB) and IECEE(CTL), EOQ, EFQM, IQNet.
Last Updated on Monday, 08 August 2011 07:28