Based on the catalogue of requirements containing more than 1300 criteria.
It is a credible certificate of quality of services offered for customers, travel offices, insurance institutions.
Warranty of safety of services provided in SPA resorts.
Scope of validity of the EuropeSpa wellness certification:
Serviced provided in the scope of relaxation and biological regeneration
EuropeSpa wellness takes into account:
- wellness infrastructure,
- wellness services,
- hygiene and safety of offered treatments,
- gastronomy and food safety.
The set of applied criteria includes approximately 350 auditing questions checked during the open audit on site and approximately 600 criteria checked anonymously during the “mystery test” conducted by qualified inspector within approximately 18-24 months of date of issue of certificate.
Scopes subject to auditing:
- Management system and conformity
– overall requirements for spa resorts: structure and processes referring to spa resorts, regeneration programme, medical inspection of regeneration, regeneration courses, cultural amenities, hotel infrastructure, particularly with reference to regeneration;
– overall conformity with regional regulations concerning: environmental protection, drinking water quality, waste water and waste disposal;
– relevant structure and organization: training for therapists, masseurs, regeneration trainers, nutrition assistants, beauticians, trainers, etc. Standards of general health protection and health protection related to spa provided be medical staff and pharmacies, trained and competent staff in the area of quality management and safety management.
– quality management and safety management: products designed for treatment in regeneration, quality assurance in respective regeneration treatments, protection / confidentiality of information, hygiene plans, security measures (fire protection, infection prevention, accident prevention, etc.), cleaning and disinfection, chemical analysis of water conducted regularly, hygiene of surface.
– Spa premises and other treatment and relaxation zones: hygiene management and infection prevention, overall adaptation of objects and technical infrastructure, safety management, standards for baths and swimming pools, collection of breakdown information, cleaning and disinfection around bath, safety and hygiene in saunas, Turkish and steam bath as well as in dressing rooms.
- Accommodation and surroundings
– accommodation for guests: requirements for premises, sanitary appliances and public spaces – hygiene, security of guests, other issues specific to spas, hygiene standards for staff, safety and hygiene regulations;
– catering: regeneration kitchen, overall food safety, overall safety of buildings, special training for kitchen staff and other employees matched to the needs of regeneration centres (including nutrition issues);
– surroundings: peaceful location, air quality, security requirements (illumination, parking etc.), service infrastructure, information for guests, sports facilities, tourist facilities etc.